What is a Forum?
Forums are audio-enabled discussions that allow users to post text as well as recorded messages. Using Forums, instructors and students in a course can communicate asynchronously.
Please review the site technical requirements for supported browsers and operating systems. Head set with mic or speakers and mic required for audio-enabled posts. Note that the audio-enabled functionality does not require Flash Player. Forums are available on VHL Central 3.0 platform programs in courses with "Plus" access. (Am I using Supersite 2.0 or 3.0?)
ACCESS/REVIEW A FORUM
- From your Course dashboard, select Communication, Forums.
- On the Forums dashboard, click the title (appears as a link) of the forum you wish to review.
REVIEW A POST/REPLY
- From within the forum, review the desired Reply/Replies. NOTE: Use the expand/collapse arrow to reveal all replies.
- If there is recorded audio with a reply, use the on-screen controls to listen to the audio.
REPLY TO A POST/REPLY
- From within the forum, click on the 'Reply' link in the post to which you wish to reply. NOTE: Use the expand/collapse arrow to reveal all replies.
2. On the 'Reply' window, you can reply using text or recorded audio.
3. To enter a text reply, click your cursor in the text area and type a reply.
4. To enter a recorded reply, click the record button and begin speaking after the recording indicator starts. Note that the maximum length of a recorded reply is 10 minutes.
5. Click 'SUBMIT'.
EDIT A REPLY
- To edit your reply, click on 'Edit' for the reply. NOTE: You can only edit your own replies.
- On the 'Edit' window, make adjustments to the text and/or recorded audio.
- Click 'SUBMIT.'