In order to create and manage courses/classes for your textbook's Supersite, you will need an account and a Supersite code. Or if your Modern Language Specialist emailed a temporary username and password to you, then your account is ready to use. You may log in at any time and do not need to create a new account.
If you have an existing account for VHLCentral, for your textbook's Supersite, or for another Vista Higher Learning textbook, complete these steps:
- Go to VHLCentral: http://vhlcentral.com
- Log in using your existing account information.
- To redeem a new Supersite code, click the "Redeem a code" link on your VHLCentral account. Then complete the items below in "Step 3 - Activate Code" of the NEW USERS section.
- To add a school to your account, click the "Add a school" link on your VHLCentral Home page. Then complete the items below in "Step 4 - Select a School" of the NEW USERS section.
If you are new to Vista Higher Learning, complete these steps:
Step 1 - Go to VHLCentral
- To begin, go to http://vhlcentral.com/register
Step 2 - Create an Account
- In the “Login Information” section of the account creation page, enter a username of your choice.
- Enter the email address you would like to associate with your account.
- Enter and confirm a password of your choice.
- In the “Personal Profile” section, enter your first and last name as you wish them to appear to your students.
- Select the year of your birth from the drop down list.
- In the “Security Information” section, you will provide the answer to a secret question, which may later be used to help you access your account if you forget your password.
- After you enter all of the information, click "create an account."
- Click "agree." (Before your account is created, you must agree to the terms and conditions of use policy.)
Step 3 - Select a School
- Locate your school by typing your school’s name. To narrow the search results, include the city and state (or country, if outside of the USA) in which your school is located.
- Click "find." If the terms you entered did not result in a successful search, follow the on-screen tips to revise your search.
- Select your school from the list by clicking the radio button next to the school name.
- Click "select school" to add the school to your account.
- Look for a flash alert confirming you successfully added the school.
Step 4 - Activate Code
- On the code activation screen, enter your Supersite code.
- Click "activate code" to continue.
- Look for a flash alert confirming that the code was successfully redeemed.
- Note: Your Instructor code may be added manually by clicking "Redeem a code" in the "My Programs" section within your VHL Central Home page. See VHLCentral HELP TOPIC: Account Home for additional details relating to your VHL Central Home page.