How do I run a report of the amount of time students have spent working on Supersite assignments?
How do I create custom reports?
How do I edit one of my custom reports?
How do I delete one of my custom reports?
The Grades Reports tool allows you to generate reports for all of your courses and course sections. For your convenience, there are several Standard Reports available, but you can build your own custom reports as well.
In the Standard Reports area, there are two reports currently available.
- All lessons, all dates, all categories - Percentage: Calculates a cumulative average for every student in the roster for all Supersite assignments.
- All lessons, all dates, all categories - Points earned, Points possible and Time spent: Calculates the points earned, points possible, and time spent for every student in the roster for all Supersite assignments.
Run a Standard Report
- Click on the title of a report in the Standard Reports list. Note: Be sure you have the target course or course section selected (check the course/section selector).
- Grading data for the selected standard report appears in the display area.
- You can export or print a copy of the report results.
a. To export: Click the “export” link. Save the file to a location of your choice.
b. To print: Open the saved csv file in a spreadsheet program such as Excel and use its print options.
In a custom report, you may opt to include assignment data for:
- Lessons and Ranges: A single lesson, a range or all, a single Gradebook category or all, and a single date or a date range.
- Contents: A single component, multiple components, or all including presentations and Tutorials, Practice Activities, Workbook, Lab Manual, and Assessment.
- Subtotals: Add subtotal columns by lesson, week, category, or components.
- Data Types: Percentage (select a style), Activities Completed, Activities Assigned, Points Earned, Points Possible, or Time Spent.
Create a Report
You can create custom reports by using the Reports wizard (Create a new report). You can export, edit, and delete custom reports, or share a custom report with members of a course's Instructor Team.
- To get started, click on the “Create a new report” link.
- In the Name step of the wizard, enter a name for your custom report.
- Select a report from the "Copy report settings from..." drop-down menu. (The wizard will create the custom report based on the report selected.)
- Click “Next.”
- In the Range step of the wizard, first select the lesson and date range and the category of the assignments you wish to include in the report.
a. Select the lessons that you wish to include in the report. Note: If you select “Lesson range,” you must select a specific lesson from the first and last lesson drop-down menus.
b. The “All categories” option should be pre-selected. Note: You can only select one category option from the Categories drop-down menu. Adjust as needed.
c. Course Start Date and Today should be pre-selected as the start and end date. Adjust as needed. Note: If you select "Specific date" for the start or end of the date range, you must use the popup calendar tool to select a date. Adjust as needed.
- Click “Next.”
- In the Contents step of the wizard, select which components’ assignments you wish to include in the report. Note: If you select “Specific components,” you can choose any combination of the components listed.
- Click “Next.”
- In the Subtotals step of the wizard, select one of the options.
- Click “Next.”
- In the Data Types step, select options for which data to include in the report. You can check or uncheck the options that you find useful.
• If you select "Percentage" as an option, use the drop-down menu to choose a format style.
• Students' names will display in the format "First Last," unless you select an alternate presentation style. Use the drop-down menu to choose an alternate style.
- When you are satisfied with all of the selections made in the Data Types step and any of the previous steps, click “Save.”
- The report results will display. The newly created report is listed in My Reports.
- From the My Reports list, select the custom report that you wish to edit.
- After the report results load in the Reports display area, click “Edit.”
- The edit process begins at the “Name” step of the Reports wizard. Select the “Next” button to move to another step or click directly on a step in the progress bar.
- Make the desired changes to the settings of each step you wish to edit. After editing settings in the wizard, review the changes in the Reports preview.
- When you are satisfied with your edits, click the “Save” button in the Data Types step of the wizard.
- Your edits are applied and the results for the chosen course/section appear in the display area of the page.
- From the My Reports list, select the custom report that you wish to delete.
- After the report results load in the preview area, click “Delete.”
- Click “OK” to confirm.
- After selecting both a course section (from the Course/Section drop-down menu) and a report from either the Standard Reports or My Reports list, click “export” to generate a csv file.
- When prompted, click the “Save” button and select a location in which to save the file.